Fall Protection Chamber
Companies, Partnerships or Individuals engaged in fall arrest and / or fall prevention
All persons working at height (where there is a risk of a fall) are to be trained and competent to the relevant standards. No work at height, in a fall risk environment, is to be performed alone, Such work must be properly supervised.
What is the difference between Fall Arrest and Fall Prevention?
The definition of Fall Protection;
- The generic term that covers the complete mitigation process and actions covering both Fall Arrest and Fall Prevention.
The definition of Fall Prevention:
- The processes and actions implemented to eliminate the risk of falling.
The definition of Fall restraint (work restraint);
- Physical equipment used to limit or prevent the freedom of movement that could lead to a person getting into a position where they can fall.
The definition of Fall Arrest:
- Processes and actions implemented to ensure controlled deceleration of a falling person.
When selecting a training provider we recommend the following;
- That the Provider is accredited, with the relevant SETA, to provide training covering the qualifications required.
- That the Assessors and Moderators are registered constituent members of that SETA.
- That the Training Provider is recognised the relevant Professional Body for the industry.
- That the Professional Body is registered with SAQA.
For more information contact the office for detail regarding the Working at Height Guidelines