Companies, Partnerships or Individuals engaged with support work and formwork.
Contractors must ensure that all person that install scaffolding understand their specific roles and are trained to:
- Identify each component and understand the function of each component
- Safely install and make alterations to assembled components
- Understand the safe use of each component
- Safely handle scaffolding components
- Safely dismantle the installed / erected components
When selecting a training provider we recommend the following;
- That the Provider is accredited, with the relevant SETA, to provide training covering the qualifications required.
- That the Assessors and Moderators are registered constituent members of that SETA.
- That the Training Provider is recognised the relevant Professional Body for the industry.
- That the Professional Body is registered with SAQA.
- All persons working with Falsework should at least comply with the relevant National and International standards. In the absence of a South African Falsework Standard, the recommended adopted falsework standards should be either EN or BSI. There are other standards that apply when there is a combination of falsework and scaffolding in use.
For more information contact the office for detail regarding the Working at Height Guidelines.